Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I Am Not A Bug!

This week has been a bit strange and a learning.  Last Friday they started spraying DUET to control the mosquitos in the metroplex.  I certainly understand the sense of urgency since a number of people have died recently from the West Nile virus, however, I'm not so sure their timing and application has been the wisest of choices.  In 4 days they sprayed our area 3 times.  The first day I could tell they had sprayed.  The air just wasn't right and my sinuses were getting a little clogged up.  It was like having allergies, which I do have, but it was different and hard to explain.  

During the 4 days of their attack protocol, it was raining off and on so it was more difficult for them to get off the ground and "git 'er done".  By day 3, I was getting little attacks of dizziness and an occasional headache plus I just didn't feel like eating.  I rarely get headaches and they weren't lasting headaches like you would normally get.  The air was heavy and even my air purifier didn't seem to be saving me from this pesticide.  I thought staying inside was much safer than going out but I guess it just seeped in.  I can imagine how I would have felt if I had wandered around outside and breathed in more of this stuff.  After all, my immune system isn't in the best shape...yet!

Here I am, trying to detox my body and get my RA more under control and this new added element was polluting my body and adding to the challenge.  I won't say I had a set back but I did have a couple of days with some inflammation and pain.  Still not as bad as before I started juicing but more than I would have liked.  I had been enjoying having more days of feeling good than bad and this just wasn't making me happy.  I decided to just keep up with my healthy eating and juicing.  That was a given because if something is working for you, you just don't want to take a chance of losing that progress.  

My husband was also noticing a little dizziness and we both weren't feeling up to par.  Nothing you could really put your finger on but you knew something wasn't quite right.  I spent the last couple of days getting lots of rest and napping hoping I could kick this and get it out of my system.  I have energy but I don't feel like doing anything with it.  Of course, that may just be my lazy side kicking in.

This morning I woke up with inflammation in my hands and more than I had been experiencing in a while.  Well, that certainly didn't make me happy.  I can't help but wonder if all this not feeling quite right has to do with getting dowsed like a bug with the pesticide.  I'm pretty sure it is.  One day of spraying may not have made me feel too bad but adding a couple more days, well, I just hope they've managed to control the problem and I can get this stuff out of my system.  The scary part is if they haven't gotten it under control they may dowse us again.  If that happens, maybe I can convince my husband we need to get outta town for a couple of days.  Unfortunately, the WNV is not just in my area but all over the country so where would we go?  I sure could use some fresh air though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment