Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Most People Have Inflammation

The past few days have been a joy because I'm feeling so much better more often than not.  I have to admit getting dowsed with pesticides gave me a little set back.  Both my husband and I just haven't felt quite right.  Luckily I have my green juice in the morning which helps detoxify so I may be flushing that stuff out of my body faster than it has a chance to trigger an abnormal inflammatory response.  I think the longer it is in your system the more your body tries to fight which is a trigger for inflammation and I don't need no more stinkin' inflammation.  If you know what I mean.  For someone like me, I really don't want to have anything that is going to make me feel as bad as before.  Oh, I still have a long way to go, I'm sure, but I want to keep progressing as much as I can.  

This weekend I had a slight revelation.  Now some people would say "Duh!" but I'm only human.  Any way, I was thinking that I wasn't feeling great and I wished I was feeling better.  Just having some of those negative thoughts I had when I was feeling down right awful.  Well, I started to analyze my feelings and I realized I'm feeling so much better than before that it was ignorant for me to have the old pity party type feelings.  I'm afraid that's a trap that many of us fall into.  It's probably because we quickly forget while we are focusing on "now".  I recall being told that child birth was the most horrible pain a human can experience but they forget as time goes by.  (I'm thinking my RA has been a runner up for me.)  Well, I remember I wasn't a happy camper at all, however, time did pass and although I know it was painful, I can't really describe it any more.  I guess our memories tend to mellow out and that's a good thing because who wants to remember THAT part of the experience.  I'm looking forward to the day I can say that about my RA.

Something, I think, has helped me early on, is the addition of turmeric to my juicing.  I usually buy the rhizome but adding an organic dried powder can be beneficial.  It's amazing how beneficial it is for so many things.  The list is huge but you can find about 20 on the Eat This website.  Trust me, it's awesome.

Early on, with my RA, I had learned that curcumin, which is derived from turmeric (curcuma longa), was a good natural source as an anti-inflammatory agent. Turmeric has been used for thousands of years, not only in cooking but in Ayurvedic medicine.  Now my experience has been that when I only take the derivative curcumin it doesn't have as great an effect as the whole enchilada.  For a long time, my personal belief is that there is a reason all the beneficial properties from a plant is put together in one big mix and doesn't grow individually.  So wouldn't you think that maybe all the other stuff in the plant is viable to make it work better.  Well, I think so.  Maybe that's why labs miss the mark when they separate it from all the other goodies.  Scientists have discovered many awesome things and every day they have a better knowledge of how something might work.  But when they single out one part and get a Eureka moment, they tend to forget about studying the complete makeup and how it actually works.  Then again, we may not be advanced enough to be able to do that just yet.  Ya know, one day it's a miracle all by itself and the next day they learn there's something else in that plant that's pretty darn good too.  Kinda like "One day you're in and the next day you're out!"

More recently there has been discussion on inflammation as a possible root cause in chronic illness.  I'm inclined to agree, however, I'm far from being an expert.  So I thought I would drop in a couple of videos by some experts.  Enjoy!  I'm off to make my evening smoothie!







No comments:

Post a Comment